Gaspare Traversi
Boys' School. Late 1750-s

Oil on canvas
96×133 cm
Held in the collection of G.A.Brokar (Moscow) at the end of the 19th century, the property of his heirs in 1900, in the State Museums Foundation from 1918
Ж-1459
Italian Art of the 17th and 18th centuries View on the hall's virtual panorama

This work forms a pair with the picture School for Handicrafts, Inv. No. 1458.

In the Brokar collection these works were attributed to the French artist Chardin; in the Pushkin Museum the work was first thought to be that of an unknown German master of the 18th-century. N.V.Lazarev attributed it to Traversi. Many of the genre paintings by this artist were conceived and created as paired works, as illustrated by these Moscow canvases.

Go to the full description on "Italian painting in VIII-XX centuries" catalogue.
Show more
View on the hall's virtual panorama

Gaspare Traversi

1722–1770