Эберхар Кейхлау
The children. Middle of the 1650-s

Oil on canvas
74×98 cm
The Rumyantsev Museum
Ж-155

In the Fabricius Collection, from which this picture stems, it had been attributed to Velazquez: its correct attribution was arrived at by the author of this catalogue (Markova 1982).

In its manner of painting and use of colour, the picture from the Pushkin Museum is typical for Eberhard Keichlau, in whose work compositions of this type – horizontal, with a group of figures in the foreground – were widely used.

  • Oil on canvas
    74×98 cm
  • At the PMFA since 1924
    The Rumyantsev Museum
  • Ж-155
Show more

Эберхар Кейхлау