Cesare da Sesto
studio or circle of
Saint Hieronimus. First half of XVI century

Wood, смешанная техника
82×62 cm
In the collection of the Dukes of Leuchtenburg (Munich - St. Petersburg-Petrograd) until 1918, in the State Museums Foundation 1918-1919, from 1920 in the Rumyantsev Museum
Ж-97

This picture in the Pushkin Gallery is a repetition of a composition found in Southampton Art Gallery, acquired in 1958. Previously, it had been part of the Cook collection in Richmond. The fact that the work published here is a copy can be seen especially clearly from the simplified rendering of the landscape background.

Go to the full description on "Italian painting in VIII-XX centuries" catalogue.
Show more