The two small architectural details depict Sybils leaning over the opened book and listening to the voice of an angel. These are the fragments of the famous cathedral pulpit in Pisa, made by Giovanni Pisano between 1301 and 1310. Now, the pulpit is back in the Pisa Cathedral, but in its long history, it has undergone many changes. At the beginning of the 17th century, it was completely disassembled, some parts were kept in private collections and then turned up in different museums.
Browse the item on the Department of Conservation website
The item participates in the restoration project "Donatello and Other Renaissance Masters"