The ceremony for the laying of the Museum's foundation stone took place on August 17, 1898 in the presence of Tsar Nicholas II and members of his family. The name of the museum – Alexander III Fine Arts Museum – was officially approved. Building work had commenced a month before that ceremony, which was important as by then the Committee for the Establishment of the Museum already had at its disposal a major part of its collections.
普什金、(Kropotkinskaya) 特维尔、(Borovitskaya) 阿尔巴特、(Biblioteka Imeni Lenina)
周二 - 周日：11:00-20:00,
周四, 周五: 11:00-21:00
周四, 周五: 11:00-20:00
主馆（沃尔宏卡大街，Volkhonka str）, 十九至二十世纪欧洲和美洲艺术画廊
*valid for the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions (except those to wich tickets should be purchased separately), tickets are valid for 2 days since the date of the purchase and cannot be exchanged or returned.
+7 (495) 609-95-20 (Russian only)
+7 (495) 697-95-78 (Russian and English)
The Main Building is equipped with ramps and elevators.