Temporary Museum Admission Policy
For the safety of visitors and employees, the Pushkin State Museum has introduced a new temporary Admission Policy.
1. To visit the museum, you need to purchase an e-ticket for a certain date and time. You can buy a ticket online on the date of your visit, but we recommend that you do so in advance. The number of tickets for each session is limited.
2. All discounts are still in effect. Ticket orders for any category can be placed on the museum website. Please make sure to bring a document confirming your eligibility for the discount. You may need to present it at a checkpoint.
3. Admittance is arranged strictly by session because the number of visitors who can be in the museum at one time is limited. A session is a 15-minute interval (e.g. from 12:15 pm until 12:29 pm) when you can enter the museum. Please be sure to arrive on time! If you are late, the museum reserves the right to deny admission. To avoid the formation of lines, we ask that you do not arrive earlier than the time specified on the ticket.
4. You can access the Main Building only through the central entrance on Volkhonka Street and exit only through the doors onto Kolymazhny Lane. The fast-track service is temporarily unavailable.
5. We have provided for a contact-free temperature check of each visitor at the museum entrance. It takes 2–3 seconds. The museum reserves the right to deny access to visitors with a fever. If you’re not feeling well, please postpone your visit to the museum, stay at home and watch our online streams. We will be happy to see you at the museum as soon as you get well!
6. We have established safety routes through all of the buildings; pay attention to the signs and navigational instructions on the floors and walls. For your convenience you can download a map with these routes to your mobile device (Main Building, Gallery).
7. There are some small halls in the museum where the number of visitors permitted at one time is very limited. Museum employees may ask you to wait until other visitors leave the hall.
8. On the museum premises please follow the standard rules for public spaces.
- Face masks are required. You can bring your own mask or purchase one in the museum shop.
- After touching a surface, wash your hands with soap or use a sanitizer. You can wear gloves if desired.
- For everyone’s safety, please maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters from other visitors, excluding your relatives and friends who are accompanying you. To assist with social distancing, we have marked safety intervals in the most visited areas.
9. Due to sanitation restrictions, we have changed the rules for guided tour services.
Should you have any questions, please read the frequently asked questions regarding visits to the museum in these new circumstances. If you haven’t found an answer to your question, please contact us via the feedback form.
We would also like to share the results of the visitor survey on the reopening of the Museum to the public. Your answers helped us make important decisions on admittance and the provision of services for visitors. Thank you for your participation!
Details about additional admittance policies and museum services are available below.
Full version of the Rules for Visitors of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts